пʼятниця, 21 грудня 2007 р.


Step 2: Pupils of the 9th "Г" Grade and the teacher after deliberating compulsory voting
Voting Should Be Compulsory.
First, I think that every democratic country should have compulsory voting. It increases voter turnout. Second, it removes socioeconomic difference in electoral participation. Elections are for the people to choose the candidate whom they want. Many governments do not have compulsory voting and people refuse to vote. That's why these countries are not democracies.
In countries with compulsory voting people who do not want to vote can vote "against all" in the ballot. At elections people's thoughts are very important. If people choose not to vote without a valid reason, they will have to pay a small fine.
If people do not come to the polls, elections will be senseless. So I think voting should be compulsory.
Iryna Oleshchenko, 9-"Б" Grade

4 коментарі:

Настя сказав...

Hello.Itis a great proqect and I believe that everybody are intrested in this democratic progrem and if you don't thinc so it's to leave this page

Nataliya Byzova сказав...

Well done, Nastia!

You are the second to join the project.
Congratulations and good luck!!!

Nastya L. сказав...

Hello!My name is Nastya.I am from 9-G.I am glad to join to all of you!I think that this project will be very interesting!We will speak with our american friends and I think that it's new for us.But I know that this project will be unusual!!!

Nataliya Byzova сказав...

Nastya! Great to see you here! Have fun!